- Testosterone in men is mainly produced by the testicles, and in smaller quantities by the adrenal glands.
- In women, testosterone is produced in both the ovaries and the adrenal glands.
- In both men and women, testosterone may be helpful for increasing sex drive, energy, and muscle strength.
- This hormone is necessary in both men and women and declines steadily after age 30. Testosterone is responsible for sustaining libido, muscle mass and
- It protects against heart disease in men plus the degeneration of muscle, bone, tendon and joints.
- It is a great mood enhancer and imparts a sense of wellbeing in aging men and women.